- Why: Because we need to! All proceeds to Planned Parenthood Arizona.
- When: 1/14, 1/20, 1/21 2017 – gallery open 6-10pm.
- 1/14 opening event, 6-10pm. free admission.
- 1/20 Dance performance by Nicole L Olsen and DanceArtists, 7-9pm, donation door $2-$10 for Planned Parenthood. Gallery free 6-7pm. No advance tix.
- 1/21 Nasty Women Reading organized by Deborah Sussman, 7-9pm, donation door $2-$10 for Planned Parenthood. Gallery free 6-8pm. No advance tix.
- Where: Grand ArtHaus, 1501 S. Grand Ave., downtown Phoenix.
- Who: organizers for the Phoenix show: Colleen Donohoe, Meredith Drum, Laura Dragon, Patricia Sannit and Erika Hanson.
The Phoenix Nasty Women exhibition and benefit for Planned Parenthood is part of a larger network of Nasty Women Exhibitions happening nationally and internationally scheduled around the January 20th inauguration of Donald Trump. Sister events are happing in New York City, Nashville, TN, Lubbock, TX, Minneapolis, MN, Lexington, KY, Minneapolis, MN, San Diego, CA, Asheville, NC, Leverette, MA, Melbourne, Australia, Brussels, Belgium and other places. Calling all Nasty Women: we are transforming Trump’s insult of Hilary Clinton into a badge of courage and strength. Together we can demonstrate solidarity among artists who identify as Nasty Woman in the face of threats to roll back women’s rights, individual rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and immigrant rights. We hope to build a platform for community and coalition building to push back against the Trump White House. SECOND ROUND SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: form due January 19 at 5pm. All submissions that follow our guidelines (see submissions page) will be accepted. Work must be dropped off at Grand ArtHaus on Thursday January 19 noon-8pm. Any non-sold work must be picked up from Grand ArtHaus on January 22, 2017.
Calling Nasty Women Artists: Submission is open to everyone, all genders, all people, everyone. As long as your submission meets the requirements in the submission info, below, and is supportive of women’s rights, your work will be included in the show. WHO DO WE WANT INVOLVED? Nasty Women Artists of all ages, races, religions, sexual orientations, gender or non-gender identifications, economic backgrounds, immigrants and non-immigrants…EVERY ONE OF YOU NASTY WOMEN, LET’S DO THIS!!! THIS EXHIBITION IS COMPLETELY INCLUSIVE. No work will be rejected UNLESS IT DOES NOT MEET THE SUBMISSION CRITERIA BELOW. See submission requirements and link to form on the submissions page.
The Nasty Women exhibition and benefit project was started by Roxanne Jackson and Jessamyn Fiore in NYC with a Facebook post in October 2016 that read: “Hello female artists/curators! Let’s organize a NASTY WOMEN group show!!! Who’s interested???“ The massive response has taken this call to arms into building an ever-expanding network of Nasty Women Artists & Art Organizers that will culminate in multiple exhibitions, all connected at the website nastywomenartexhibition.org. We welcome anyone who identifies with being a Nasty Woman and want this exhibition to include a spectacular diverse rainbow of Nasty Women so please please please spread the word!